Location: Winchester , VA
Type: Full Time
The Fitness Trainer will be responsible for running the Planet Fitness Small Group Training Program (PE@PF). This includes assisting members in the achievement of their fitness goals by designing individual workout programs, and providing new member orientations. The Trainer will be utilizing all of the provided club resources to lead circuit training and body part training sessions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Each Planet Fitness location has a single Fitness Trainer who is responsible for the day to day running of the PE@PF program at their location. These responsibilities include:
- Meeting with members to discuss their fitness goals.
- Scheduling and leading small group training sessions to help members meet their fitness goals.
- Instructing members on the proper and safe use of the fitness equipment.
- Maintaining a friendly, professional, Judgement-Free fitness environment for all members.
- Meeting minimum PE@PF participation goals.
- Supporting PE@PF programs and initiatives designed to increase program participation.
- Assisting in other club related activities:
- o Checking members into the system with a friendly greeting.
- o Answering phones in a friendly and professional manner.
- o Touring the facility with prospective members.
- o Assisting in signing prospects up for club membership.
- o Providing customer service to all members, including responding to questions and concerns.
Potential applicants will need to demonstrate the following in order to qualify for consideration for the position of Fitness Trainer.
- High School diploma or GED Equivalency required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Current CPR Certification (or ability to complete and pass certification within first month of employment).
- Nationally Recognized Training Certification or Educational Equivalents (or ability to demonstrate fitness knowledge and obtain certification within the first 90 days of employment).
- Ability to work the required work schedule.
Skills & Other Requirements
- Knowledge and Passion for Health & Fitness.
- Demonstrate the ability to display professional behavior and body language while maintaining a professional and positive attitude.
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills: ability to work with diverse group of people and exceed member expectations.
- Problem Solving Skills: ability to listen, assess a situation and find appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of the use and benefits of PE@PF equipment including: TRX, medicine balls, kettlebells, resistance bands, battle ropes & rebounders.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to demonstrate proper exercise form.
Planet Fitness, Inc. (NYSE:PLNT), has revolutionized the fitness industry! With more than 1,000 locations in 47 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada, Planet Fitness' mission is to enhance people's lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we call the Judgement Free Zone®.
We’re aggressively expanding and looking for talented individuals to help us conquer Gymtimidation® everywhere!
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.