Location: Waldorf, MD
Type: Full Time
The Shift Supervisor will be responsible for utilizing leadership skills to assist the management of the front desk staff while creating a positive member experience by providing a superior level of customer service in the Planet Fitness organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the management of front desk staff by training and counseling employees.
- Keep staff motivated and on task.
- Assist in the management of employee files and completing daily paperwork.
- Greet members, prospective members, and guests, providing exceptional customer service.
- Handle all front desk related activities including
- Facilitate needed updates to member’s accounts.
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club.
- Customer service and leadership background preferred.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- A passion for fitness and health.
- Upbeat and positive attitude!
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact positively and professionally with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Active listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- Previous employment with Planet Fitness is a plus
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during the shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during the shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during the shift.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.